The hiring process can be a long, complicated road. So why not make it easier on your team? 94% of recruiters say they benefited from using technology to track their hiring process. If you don’t already have an online platform for your hiring process, it’s time to consider a CRM system.
A candidate relationship management system, or CRM system, helps to track job candidates, organize interviews and communication with candidates, and generally manage the recruitment process. In this article, we’ll explore some of the common complications of the hiring process and discover how a CRM system can simplify and optimize your hiring process.
Common Hiring Issues
Hiring is a long, multi-step process that can take weeks or even months. First, recruiters or other hiring professionals must sort through large piles of resumes, cover letters, and applications. Then, candidates selected to interview are expected to go through several rounds of meetings, sometimes meeting with different interviews in every round. Once a candidate is selected and a job offer is made, there are often additional negotiations before the job contract is officially signed.
During this long and convoluted process, there’s a lot of room for error. Without proper communication between HR, interviewers, recruiters, and anyone else involved in the process, a company risks appearing disorganized or unprepared to their candidates.
You may already be familiar with Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS). However, most ATS systems come with significant limitations and require other applications to be installed as add-ons. The CRM system is a more modern, more efficient solution.
What Are the Benefits of a CRM System?
Here are just some of the ways a CRM system can improve your hiring process:
- Automated communication. CRM systems can save you valuable time by sending out automated emails to schedule interviews, follow up with potential hires, and more.
- Organize files. Access your candidates’ resumes, contact information, and interview notes quickly and easily.
- Simplify your process. From receiving resumes to having new employees sign their contracts, every step of the process functions within one system.
- Better collaboration. No more wondering which colleague met with which candidate, or what they thought of the candidate. Access a detailed, up-to-date log of notes and events whenever you need to.
- Everything under one roof. Many CRM systems allow you to run qualification screenings and conduct background checks, saving you the trouble of finding third-party sites.
- Build credibility with your candidates. By remaining highly organized and using automated reminders and follow-up emails, your organization will appear efficient and reliable to your interviewees.
- Insights from analytics. Your CRM system can help you determine the pitfalls in your process. For example, find out quickly what job site your postings perform the best one, or whether your career page has a high bounce rate.
- Build a talent network. When future positions open, you’ll have a database of highly skilled candidates to reach out to. Did you know that candidates are twice as likely to respond to cold emails from a recruiter they already know? For this reason, a CRM system is a great consideration for all companies- not just those that are currently hiring.
Choosing the Right CRM System
The right CRM system depends on your industry, the size of your company, and of course your budget. Here are some key decisions you might want to consider prior to selecting a CRM system:
- Cloud-based vs. a system installed on your servers
- Compatibility with the browser your business uses
- Accessibility on mobile devices and tablets
- Cost per user vs. cost per month
- Integration with other platforms/software
To learn more about and compare top CRM platforms, check out this article on the best recruiting software.
Optimizing your hiring process for organization, time management, and ease is easily accomplished with a good CRM system.